twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

I want to set up a new primary email address now I'm married but not cease the old one presently?

I have just got married and want to set up a new email address in my married name to be used as my primary address and import my contacts but not cease the old account as I will need to use my maiden name for a while for some contacts. What's the best way to set up a new account and handle both accounts?
I want to set up a new primary email address now I'm married but not cease the old one presently?
You can setup a new email address at www.gmail.com and then set it up to pull mail in from other email accounts. My current Gmail account is pulling from a couple of older ones so I am sure to get all my mail.
Reply:You could set up a new email address, and have all the email that goes to your old email address automatically forwarded to the new account (I know Gmail allows you to do this). Gmail also lets you choose which email address you want to reply to emails from. Forwarding your email to the new account would help your contacts start using it - all they would have to do is email you, and then once you reply, they will be replying to your new account.

No comments:

Post a Comment