twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm applying for a job through email, what do I put in the email?

In the wanted ads they're telling us to email our resume, and indicate the location and position preference.





So how do I go about forming the email? What do I include in the title and body?





I'm applying for a Produce Clerk position. I have my resume on MS Word.
I'm applying for a job through email, what do I put in the email?
Okay!





In the subject I would try something like "Inquiry about open JOB TITLE HERE position"





Now, I'm sure you have your resume and you'll want to add it to the email as an attachment.





However, for the actual text of your email, it's time to write a cover letter! Cover letters are where you write a few paragraphs explaining who you are and why you should get an interview.





You can always start it out like this:





Dear Hiring Manager,





In my recent search for employment, I noticed that you have an opening for the position of JOB TITLE HERE. I feel strongly that my years of experience in X, Y, and Z will be of great benefit to you as you move to fill this position.





Then write a paragraph here about your past experiences and skills. Education is nice to bring up if appropriate. Remember, the focus is on what you can do for them--not what they can do for you!





Write a paragraph on how your past job experiences will serve them as well!





When you're done, ask for the interview! Your last paragraph should say something to the effect of "Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. I look forward to meeting with you in person to discuss how my skills and experiences can best meet your needs."





Monster.com and careerbuilder.com have some good samples of cover letters if you need too!





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment