twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

If I use a dialup number from another state, can my email be traced back to the computer I'm using?

hello,





Technically, i mean if it is possible, Yup I think there is a way. Because email data contains your ip address and the particular time you sent it. Therefore, a reverse lookup of the email ip address would eventually lead to the ip address of the router serving your phone and then so on and so forth.





However, the beauty about these things is that even before they can start prying the phone number used during the sending of email, they have to face so many legal obstacles. Making it virtually impossible for them to trace the email back even if they can and they wanted to. =)





I hope I answered your question.





Cheers and good day.








---%26gt; you want to report someone? I think it is very noble of you but however, without tracing your email, the thief might catch you by the mere fact that you are one of the few people who know what he is doing. Be careful and be safe. =) Report if you have to but I dont think the thief will have to trace you via email. again, be careful.
If I use a dialup number from another state, can my email be traced back to the computer I'm using?
If they can get your ISP to tell them - which usually takes a court order. Yes they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment