twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

How could I use a different email address than I'm actually am using - with Thunderbird Email Client?

I don't want to have to use my one email, I would rather use the free "firstname@lastname.name" provided by freeyourid.com (That's not an advertisement! I don't like the software, information, and services given, I just do it for the professional look.) than the one from my actual domain. Any way to do this using Mozilla Thunderbird? I don't really want to have to use another program.


Thanks!
How could I use a different email address than I'm actually am using - with Thunderbird Email Client?
if freeyourid has an outbound email server then you would create a new thunderbird account using those credentials. When you set up your thunderbird account it will ask for the names and servers form the domain, and you enter these in and give your account the proper "from" name.





if they don't provide an outbound email server then there is no way to do that without spoofing your email address, which is something i wouldn't suggest.





for more thunderbird info, head over to:


http://easytechtalk.com/2008/04/05/thund...


http://easytechtalk.com/2008/04/18/multi...
name naming

No comments:

Post a Comment