twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm trying to send an email from linux to windows?

I have a linux machine and running rat hat linux 7.3 (Valhalla) and im trying to send an email to my laptop which has windows XP. How can i make this work?
I'm trying to send an email from linux to windows?
Are you running a email server?? If so you'll need to enable and configure the mail server options in your Linux configuration screen.





If you are just trying to send it through the net to your windows machine.. Why not just send it to yourself again and then log into windows??? I do this when I need to save a registration key but I'm away from my LAN.
Reply:Way too little info.





Are you running your own mail server. If you are then is the mail serving running on linux or XP.





What MTA (Mail Transport Agent - Server) are you using?





What setup have used for it? ie POP access, IMAP, etc





Have you got your own domain?





Is this domain on the same external ip as your XP machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment