twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

My pswd is rejected when tyring to use MS OE to get my yahoo email. I can use the yahoo web interface. help?

this happened when I changed my password from someone else's computer - I got my email when on vacation but when I returned and tried to login with MS outlook express, I was prompted for the new passwrod (I expected this) but I when I put in the new password, it fails and reprompts me - this happens over and over until I give up...is there some sneaky registry setting the MS puts in that I need to delete before I can reset the password that is passed by OE to Yahoo when I try to connect with OE?
My pswd is rejected when tyring to use MS OE to get my yahoo email. I can use the yahoo web interface. help?
Well, that was a month ago so I guess it worked.
Reply:I have an idea.





On OE go to Tools -%26gt; Accounts





Click your mail account and click the properties button.





Go to the 'Servers' tab





Click on 'Settings' next to where it says "My server requires authentication"





Check the spot to 'Use the same settings'





If that don't work disable security software and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment