twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm trying to retreive an email account from my laptop to go on my desktop pc?

but bt say i need an access code to retreive them i don't want to close them down i just want to use both on my deskrop pc.
I'm trying to retreive an email account from my laptop to go on my desktop pc?
As long as you have your username and password for the email account then you should be able to set up the account on any computer. You need the server settings, something like pop.btinternet.com and smtp server as outgoing.
Reply:are you using Outlook Express for email?





If so,


boot up the laptop


open outlook express


Click - Tools %26gt; Accounts


select the account you want to transfer


click Export


save the .iaf file to a USB stick or Floppy Disk





Boot up your PC


open Outlook Express


Click - Tools %26gt; Accounts


click Import


select the .iaf file you saved earlier





this will transfer your settings from your laptop to your PC including all passwords, pop and smtp settings.





Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment