twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm starting to POP Yahoo email. How do I transfer old messages and folders using Outloook Express?

I am moving to POP so I can archive my e-mails and hope that doing so will give me better performance when reading mail on Yahoo! (Do I now need to POP all e-mail before reading?) I would gladly go read a good tutorial on all of this if you can direct me to one.)
I'm starting to POP Yahoo email. How do I transfer old messages and folders using Outloook Express?
You don't have to "move to POP", all you have to do is gain POP access to your email account (this will cost $20 a year for POP acces to Yahoo).





Once you gain access, use Outlook Express to access your email account and it will pull your emails down from your account and store them on your local computer.





NOTE if you want to leave the original copies of your emails on the server, you will need to make sure that the option is checked, otherwise, it will download your email and erase them from the server (which means, you can only read the email on your local computer, not anywhere else)

No comments:

Post a Comment